Jay Blades, the U.K. TV host best known for fronting the BBC show “The Repair Shop,” has been charged with two counts of rape. West Mercia Police confirmed the allegations against the 55-year-old broadcaster, who is now due to appear in court next Wednesday. “Jason Blades, 55, of Claverley in Shropshire, has been charged with two counts of rape. He …
Read More »Tag Archives: rape
Jay Blades, Host Of BBC Series ‘The Repair Shop,’ Faces Rape Charges
Jay Blades, the former factory worker who established himself as a firm favorite on British television, has been charged with two counts of rape. In a statement on Monday evening, West Mercia Police said that Blades, 55, will appear in court to face the charges on August 13. A West Mercia Police spokesman said: “Jason Blades, 55, of Claverley in …
Read More »Eight ‘monsters’ involved in kidnap, rape and murder of girl, 13, held her underwater ‘until bubbles stopped’
A group of eight ‘monsters’ banded together in a sick plot which saw a 13-year-old girl kidnapped, gangraped, and then killed – with her remains left floating in a river for nine months. Maryann Measles was last seen on October 19, 1997, when she was abducted from a supermarket parking lot by five men and three women, who she had …
Read More »Rape accuser’s lawyer Tony Buzbee slams Shannon Sharpe
Shannon Sharpe doesn’t concern lawyer Tony Buzbee. After the lawsuit was first filed, Sharpe accused the high-profile lawyer, who represented Sharpe’s rape accuser, of “targeting black men.” “I didn’t wake up one morning and say, ‘I want to sue Shannon Sharpe.’ He has no relevance in my life,” Buzbee said in an interview with Esquire on Thursday, two weeks after …
Read More »Woman who won civil rape case to sue over appeal
PA Media In November, Conor McGregor was ordered to pay £206,000 in damages plus costs to Nikita Hand A woman who won a civil case against Conor McGregor is to sue him and two other people for damages alleging they engaged in malicious abuse of court processes. In November, McGregor was ordered to pay £206,000 in damages plus costs to …
Read More »Former UFC champ Conor McGregor loses appeal in his rape case : NPR
Former UFC fighter Conor McGregor speaks in the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room of the White House in Washington, D.C., on March 17. Jim Lo Scalzo/EPA/Bloomberg via Getty Images hide caption toggle caption Jim Lo Scalzo/EPA/Bloomberg via Getty Images LONDON — The mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor — who’s from Ireland and visited President Trump at the White …
Read More »Conor McGregor loses civil rape case appeal – The Irish Times
Conor McGregor has lost his appeal against a civil jury finding in favour of Nikita Hand, who sued him over alleged rape of her in a Dublin hotel. In its judgment on Thursday afternoon, the three judge Court of Appeal dismissed the appeal “in its entirety”. Ms Hand was in court for the ruling. Mr McGregor was not present. Mr …
Read More »Former MMA fighter loses appeal in civil rape case
Chris Page and Abigail Taylor BBC News NI PA Media McGregor, pictured at an earlier court appearance, denied all of the allegations Conor McGregor has lost his civil jury appeal against a finding that he sexually assaulted a woman. In November, McGregor was ordered to pay £206,000 in damages plus costs to Nikita Hand, who accused him of raping her …
Read More »ESPN Cuts Ties With Shannon Sharpe After He Settles Rape Lawsuit
Shannon Sharpe, the former NFL star who took a hiatus as a commentator on ESPN‘s “First Take” after he was accused of sexual assault by an ex-girlfriend, is not returning to the sports cabler, Variety has confirmed. The decision by ESPN comes after he settled the lawsuit earlier this month. A person familiar with the matter said Sharpe is not …
Read More »‘Top Boy’ Actor Micheal Ward Charged With Rape By Metropolitan Police
Micheal Ward, the British actor known for his roles in Netflix series Top Boy and Steve McQueen’s Small Axe, has been charged with two counts of rape and three counts of sexual assault. London’s Metropolitan Police announced the charges on Friday. The alleged offenses relate to one woman and are reported to have taken place in January 2023. Ward, 27, …
Read More »