The Pentagon ordered the U.S. Marines to leave Los Angeles on Monday, more than a month after President Donald Trump deployed them to the city against the objections of local leaders. The 700 Marines were deployed June 9 on the fourth day of protests in downtown LA over the administration’s crackdown on immigration. Four thousand National Guard soldiers were also deployed. Their presence …
Read More »Tag Archives: Pentagon
700 active-duty Marines will withdraw from Los Angeles, Pentagon says – The Washington Post
700 active-duty Marines will withdraw from Los Angeles, Pentagon says The Washington Post Marines to leave LA LAist Pentagon orders 700 Marines to withdraw from Los Angeles as stability returns following ICE protests Fox News National Guard came to L.A. to fight unrest. Troops ended up fighting boredom Los Angeles Times Deployment of all 700 active-duty marines to Los Angeles withdrawn The Guardian Source link
Read More »Marines to leave Los Angeles, Pentagon says
More than a month after President Trump made the fiercely contentious decision to send about 700 U.S. Marines to Los Angeles, those troops will begin withdrawing from the city, Pentagon officials said Monday. The decision comes a week after the Pentagon announced that half of the almost 4,000 National Guard troops deployed to the Los Angeles area would be released …
Read More »Pentagon orders Marines to leave Los Angeles after controversial deployment
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Pentagon ordered the U.S. Marines to leave Los Angeles on Monday, more than a month after President Donald Trump deployed them to the city against the objections of local leaders. The 700 Marines were deployed June 9 on the fourth day of protests in downtown LA over the administration’s crackdown on immigration. Four thousand National …
Read More »US Marines mobilized to Los Angeles are being sent home, Pentagon says
CNN — Roughly 700 active-duty US Marines who were mobilized last month to respond to protests in Los Angeles are being sent home from the mission, the Pentagon said Monday. “With stability returning to Los Angeles, the Secretary has directed the redeployment of the 700 Marines whose presence sent a clear message: lawlessness will not be tolerated,” chief Pentagon spokesman …
Read More »Another Top Aide to Hegseth Leaves the Pentagon – The New York Times
Another Top Aide to Hegseth Leaves the Pentagon The New York Times SCOOP: Top Hegseth aide resigns from Pentagon after 6 months of service: ‘Incredibly inspiring’ Fox News Senior Hegseth adviser out at Pentagon, sources say CBS News Senior Pentagon adviser, who alleged colleague called the cops on him, fired by Pete Hegseth The Independent Hegseth senior staffer out at Pentagon The Hill Source link
Read More »Hegseth senior staffer out at Pentagon – The Hill
Hegseth senior staffer out at Pentagon The Hill SCOOP: Top Hegseth aide resigns from Pentagon after 6 months of service: ‘Incredibly inspiring’ Fox News Senior Hegseth adviser out at Pentagon, sources say CBS News Another Hegseth aide exits as Pentagon churn continues The Washington Post Pete Hegseth Loses Yet Another Top Pentagon Aide The Daily Beast Source link
Read More »Another Hegseth aide exits as Pentagon churn continues – The Washington Post
Another Hegseth aide exits as Pentagon churn continues The Washington Post Senior Hegseth adviser out at Pentagon, sources say CBS News Hegseth senior staffer out at Pentagon The Hill Senior adviser to Hegseth out at DOD Washington Examiner Senior Hegseth adviser fired, sources say CBS News Source link
Read More »Pentagon withdraws 2,000 National Guard troops in Los Angeles : NPR
FILE – California National Guard are positioned at the Federal Building, June 10, 2025, in downtown Los Angeles. Eric Thayer/AP hide caption toggle caption Eric Thayer/AP LOS ANGELES — The Pentagon said Tuesday it is ending the deployment of 2,000 National Guard troops in Los Angeles, accounting for nearly half of the soldiers sent to the city to deal with …
Read More »Pentagon withdraws 2,000 California National Guard troops from LA – Axios
Pentagon withdraws 2,000 California National Guard troops from LA Axios 2,000 National Guard members released from duty following Los Angeles area protests CNN 2,000 National Guardsmen being withdrawn from Los Angeles mission, Pentagon confirms ABC7 Los Angeles Trump Releases About Half of the National Guard Troops in Los Angeles The New York Times Pete Hegseth orders the removal of 2,000 National Guard troops from …
Read More »